CL 3Q (ŞL 3. ön eleme): GS - S. BUCUREŞTI (2-2 Nonda(2))

Forum Galatasaray Spor Kulubu ve Turk sporu hakkinda ayrintili haberler, yorum ve analizler, ogretici arastirmalar ve diger onemli spor olaylari hakkinda bilgi akisini saglamak, yazilanlari saglikli bir yapi cercevesinde dunyadaki butun Galatasarayli arkadaslar ve diger sporseverler ile paylasmak amaciyla kurulmustur.

Moderator: Staff

Leo Bacica

Post by Leo Bacica »

Your're only judging by figures, Murat, and, accurate as they may be, they do not contextualize the things and the performances.

First of all, though I'm a bit subjective on the matter, I have to say that Steaua is the only Romanian club team to be taken seriously in Europe for the past 25 years. With one European Cup (let out the Supercup), one more final and two semi-finals, Romanian club football only has one name: Steaua.

It is true that, during the 2005-06 season Rapid had a good run in the UEFA Cup, as did Dinamo in the Champions' Cup in 1990-91 (both with members of the Lucescu family in command), but these are merely accidental.

It looks like things are going to change, with the teams outside of Bucharest growing a lot, but it's still gonna be a good few years before they do.

And this is mainly because, with the Romanians, "victories bring victories and defeats bring defeats" makes more sense than usual. Our footballers tend to give in to mentality issues, always thinking that the big performance is not for them. That's why it took as long as 10 years for Steaua to go back into the Champions League group stages (1996-2006). The reverse of that - and the bad thing for your team - is that once we get used to playing at that level regularly, we don't want to give that up. Right now, the Steaua players are so used to getting to Group Stages that this double is considered mereley a formality. And, although the draw was unlucky, with Galata being arguably the second strongest side of the options available (after Atletico Madrid), everybody here - from the players to the general public - is confident that Steaua can and will be the team that goes through.

That's why the statistics you pasted above look so optimistical.

On the other side, what I'm afraid of is that things are a little upside down with you. With the lack of European succes during recent years, I'm sure your players will be eager to get to the group stages, especially that your rival teams had quite some good runs recently (with Fenerbahce reaching the CL quarters this spring). Also, seeing your national team at the Euro '08, I know how ambitious and determined your players can get. This is your main strength, I think.

I just hope it won't be enough to see your team through.

All the best. Feels really nice talking to you, guys!
1988/89 Champion's Cup:
Steaua - Galatasaray 4-0
Galatasaray - Steaua 1-1
Mert Tokman

Post by Mert Tokman »

Leo Bacica wrote:Your're only judging by figures, Murat, and, accurate as they may be, they do not contextualize the things and the performances.

First of all, though I'm a bit subjective on the matter, I have to say that Steaua is the only Romanian club team to be taken seriously in Europe for the past 25 years. With one European Cup (let out the Supercup), one more final and two semi-finals, Romanian club football only has one name: Steaua.

It is true that, during the 2005-06 season Rapid had a good run in the UEFA Cup, as did Dinamo in the Champions' Cup in 1990-91 (both with members of the Lucescu family in command), but these are merely accidental.

It looks like things are going to change, with the teams outside of Bucharest growing a lot, but it's still gonna be a good few years before they do.

And this is mainly because, with the Romanians, "victories bring victories and defeats bring defeats" makes more sense than usual. Our footballers tend to give in to mentality issues, always thinking that the big performance is not for them. That's why it took as long as 10 years for Steaua to go back into the Champions League group stages (1996-2006). The reverse of that - and the bad thing for your team - is that once we get used to playing at that level regularly, we don't want to give that up. Right now, the Steaua players are so used to getting to Group Stages that this double is considered mereley a formality. And, although the draw was unlucky, with Galata being arguably the second strongest side of the options available (after Atletico Madrid), everybody here - from the players to the general public - is confident that Steaua can and will be the team that goes through.

That's why the statistics you pasted above look so optimistical.

On the other side, what I'm afraid of is that things are a little upside down with you. With the lack of European succes during recent years, I'm sure your players will be eager to get to the group stages, especially that your rival teams had quite some good runs recently (with Fenerbahce reaching the CL quarters this spring). Also, seeing your national team at the Euro '08, I know how ambitious and determined your players can get. This is your main strength, I think.

I just hope it won't be enough to see your team through.

All the best. Feels really nice talking to you, guys!
Few questions Leo...

1. Is Radoi leaving for Inter - if so who will replace him? Do you expect Radoi to play in games against Galatasaray? How badly would the sale of Radoi impact your defensive strength?

2. Why didn't Becali and Hagi get along? Weren't they best friends at one time?

3. Can you give us some insight on your Latino players?

4. What is the general opinion of Mircea Lucescu in Romania?

5. How has Petre been doing lately - is he in form? Is he playing more of a defensive midfielder role?

6. Turkish papers say Steaua will receive 12 million Euros for Radoi from Inter - is that what you hear too? That's a lot of money for a defender... Do you think Radoi is worth that much?

I think most here are happy to draw Steaua because we dodged teams like Barca, Arsenal, Liverpool, Juve, and Fiorentina... I also believe most see your team about as strong as Shaktar, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos, and Sparta Prag - a group of teams that would probably include top Turkish teams as well. We're just happy to play against an equal match instead of a top powerhouse like Barca or Arsenal.

I do believe that Steaua has some advantages like playing the first leg in Istanbul as well as starting league play before we did - your team will be in a better form. In addition, we have some key injuries and not exactly sure who will be able to play. If we can put most of our injured players on the pitch by the day of the game - I do think we will have edge in terms of player quality - but as we all know that by itself does not determine the results of the matches.
Murat Gökcigdem
Staff Member

Post by Murat Gökcigdem »

A quick comment on your new transfer from the Lone Star State...

I have watched Juan Toja in Dallas (Texas) several times.

Juan Toja has played along the left, at the top of a attacking central triangle and in a holding spot at different times this year.

How do you say overrated in Romanian :?: :wink:
Leo Bacica

1/2

Post by Leo Bacica »

One at a time...

I think it is quite unlikely that Radoi leaves for Inter, the Italians are hunting for a bargain and at 12 million euros (plus tax), that's not quite it. Is he worth it? Well, if Pepe (Real Madrid) is worth 30 M, might well be. Frankly, I have no idea. Transfer deals are sometimes too crazy to be judged by the common logic. But Radoi is a great player, I'll give you that. He cam play either as a central defender, either as a defending midfielder, delivering top performances on both positions.

Case he does leave, we have plenty of options in defence. Goian & Ghionea is a wonderful couple, two valuable players that have performed together for over 3 years. The midfield is where Radoi will be missed the most, but hopefully, if he goes for 12 M, we'll get a decent replacement. Because right now we have Ovidiu Petre there, and - since you asked - I was never a big fan. He's fragile, he's slow, he can't dribble, he doesn't have enough vision and very rarely goes up in the attacking actions. Although lately his performances have improved, he still has a long way to go. I always wondered how he got to play in Istanbul. Was he any good while at Galata?

About Becali and Hagi, there was a huge scandal all throughout the country last autumn, when Hagi left because of the owner. They used to be best friends, it's true, so bringing him as a manager at Steaua was generally perceived as a favor granted by Becali. For us, as fans, it was an unsecure move, as Hagi never really proved himself as a manager at the same level he did as a player.
But few months later, after Becali repeatedly tried to interfer with the manager's business (like naming the team he wanted on the pitch or imposing some specific tactical schemes), plus some press statements in no way flattering about Hagi (not only about his managing skills, but even about some unhonorable deeds that Hagi supposedly did during his time as a player at Steaua), the King resigned, despite this time having all the support from the fans and the media.
Becali - who is also politically involved at some low level - lost a lot af his popularity with this, so he immediately brought Lacatus in to avoid even bigger scandals with the fans. Lacatus is the most representative player Steaua ever had, and he will allways have full support of the crowd. Those of you who remember the 1989 double, most certainly remember Lacatus.
1988/89 Champion's Cup:
Steaua - Galatasaray 4-0
Galatasaray - Steaua 1-1
Murat Gökcigdem
Staff Member

Post by Murat Gökcigdem »

Romanyanin yuksek trajli gazetesi olan Adevarul'da cikan kose yazisi soyle...

Code: Select all

Editorial: Becali, a dangerous stupidity 
(95 afisari, 2008-08-04)   
OVIDIU NAHOI 

Deputy Chief Editor 

ovidiu.nahoi@adevarul.ro 

"I ask the help of Virgin Mary, as we play with a Moslem team! I hang all my hats on divinity!" That was the statement that Gigi Becali made right after he learned that Steaua will play with Istanbul’s Galatasaray at Champion League preliminary. Well, this is an insult brought to the football’s spirit.  FIFA and UEFA count a lot on the universal character of the game; they finance programs and campaigns and react firmly when football is "vitiated" with racism and religious hate. Steaua knows it – the only Romanian football team that had suspended grid during a European Cup match, because of the racist behaviour shown by a couple of supporters. It happened in 2005-2006 season of UEFA Cup. 

Only in a mind of a man that didn’t pass by the level of fourth grade history textbook, a football match between Steaua and Galatasaray can signify the battle with "the unfaithful". There are only going to be two football games, certainly not a war between religions. Steaua will not go along Bosporus’ banks during the crusade, even if Becali ordered the cross sign to be embroidered on the red-blue T-shirts. The statement might sound a little weird for the Galatasaray, where Moslems and Christians play together in a modern and unholy Turkish state. 

But, oh! The wretched has no idea that in Turkey, next to Ephesus, there is the house in which Virgin Mary led her last years of life, and the place is worshiped both by Christians and Moslems. Ultimately, the statement sounds bad for Romanians, as well as for the Turkish, two nations that wish well to each other. Let’s not forget, that the Turkish and the Tatar have always lived in peace with the majority of the Romanian modern state. Then, what’s the use of these kinds of challenges? 

Lots of our readers are going to ask themselves, of course, why we mind such a comic-tragic character. It’s simple: to show people the danger that he represents. When you bring elements of religious hate in football, mix them with politics and dark nationalism and introduce them then to the immature and heated minds of a couple of supporters, the outcome can’t be but explosive. This statement only shows us how dangerous could be Gigi Becali if having the opportunity to officially represent the Romanian state. 

And how irresponsible are those politicians that make calculations starting from this possibility. 
Kaynak: http://www.adevarul.ro/articole/editori ... ity/363795
Mehmet Gurdal Cetin

Post by Mehmet Gurdal Cetin »

BECALI benim gozumde (yuzunu , seklini semalini hic gormedim bilmiyorum) kivircik yagli briyantinli sacli, gomleginin ust 3-4 dugmesi acik, boynunda kocaman bir hac bulunan, elinde puro bir adam olarak canlaniyor.

Dogu avrupada bu tiplerden hala cok var.Hala Turklere karsi bir gizli nefret var.Cavusesku'nun adami tipli, karaborsaciliktan zengin olmus, Mercedes'e binen, yasli karisinin yaninda 25 lik agzindan pabuc kadar sakiz cigneyip "CIGA bana kurk al" diyen bir sevgilisi olan, oglu STEAU taraftar derneginin baskani olan ,karadeniz kiyisinda sato gibi bir yazligi olan ve silahli adamlari ile korunan bir tip bu BECALI.

Bazen FB'nin "Istanbul since 1453" pankartini gercekten takdir ediyorum.Bazen boylelerine mesaj gerekiyor.
TRUST GALATASARAY
MGC
Ozan Ersoy

Post by Ozan Ersoy »

Murat Gokcigdem wrote:Romanyanin yuksek trajli gazetesi olan Adevarul'da cikan kose yazisi soyle...

Code: Select all

Editorial: Becali, a dangerous stupidity 
(95 afisari, 2008-08-04)   
OVIDIU NAHOI 

Deputy Chief Editor 

ovidiu.nahoi@adevarul.ro 

"I ask the help of Virgin Mary, as we play with a Moslem team! I hang all my hats on divinity!" That was the statement that Gigi Becali made right after he learned that Steaua will play with Istanbul’s Galatasaray at Champion League preliminary. Well, this is an insult brought to the football’s spirit.  FIFA and UEFA count a lot on the universal character of the game; they finance programs and campaigns and react firmly when football is "vitiated" with racism and religious hate. Steaua knows it – the only Romanian football team that had suspended grid during a European Cup match, because of the racist behaviour shown by a couple of supporters. It happened in 2005-2006 season of UEFA Cup. 

Only in a mind of a man that didn’t pass by the level of fourth grade history textbook, a football match between Steaua and Galatasaray can signify the battle with "the unfaithful". There are only going to be two football games, certainly not a war between religions. Steaua will not go along Bosporus’ banks during the crusade, even if Becali ordered the cross sign to be embroidered on the red-blue T-shirts. The statement might sound a little weird for the Galatasaray, where Moslems and Christians play together in a modern and unholy Turkish state. 

But, oh! The wretched has no idea that in Turkey, next to Ephesus, there is the house in which Virgin Mary led her last years of life, and the place is worshiped both by Christians and Moslems. Ultimately, the statement sounds bad for Romanians, as well as for the Turkish, two nations that wish well to each other. Let’s not forget, that the Turkish and the Tatar have always lived in peace with the majority of the Romanian modern state. Then, what’s the use of these kinds of challenges? 

Lots of our readers are going to ask themselves, of course, why we mind such a comic-tragic character. It’s simple: to show people the danger that he represents. When you bring elements of religious hate in football, mix them with politics and dark nationalism and introduce them then to the immature and heated minds of a couple of supporters, the outcome can’t be but explosive. This statement only shows us how dangerous could be Gigi Becali if having the opportunity to officially represent the Romanian state. 

And how irresponsible are those politicians that make calculations starting from this possibility. 
Kaynak: http://www.adevarul.ro/articole/editori ... ity/363795
I was going to write a nice little welcoming response to Leo Bacica full of football but this speech of our opponent's so called "president" dampened my enthusiasm. Based on my personal impression on Leo's initial postings, I am almost certain that he and the coolheaded fans such as the writer of this article will strongly denounce Becali's remarks.

But... There are many who don't belong to this category. Both in Romania and Turkiye. And this is a real cheap shot at them that has nothing to do with football. The games are going to be played during the holy week for many Christians in Romania and given the current political atmosphere in the country and the stressed relationship with the EU, one last thing some Turks need is some remarks that put all of this into some religious perspective outside the realm of sports. Unfortunately, these comments have already been propagated and heavily criticized in the Turkish media.

I personally believe FIFA/UEFA needs to step in and somehow penalize Steaua Buceresti and its president. Otherwise, their efforts of using football as a unifying factor amongst all races, nations and creeds will fall short and once again their hypocrisy will be revealed.

Ozan Ersoy
Alpay Dedeoglu

Post by Alpay Dedeoglu »

I believe that Becali plays a cheap game to get away from all nasty consequences of ''bribing'' accusations and to change the media attention to another subject. Easiest way to do that ( That strategy reminds me of another president from Turkey, guess who?'') : popularized chauvanism and religious radicalism ... He is in such a difficult position so he did not hesitate to jeopardize his relations with Galatasaray from which he made millions of dollars(may be more than 10 million dollars) out of different transferts from Romania to Galatasaray in the past.

It is not going to work for Becali because Romania and Turkey have common a past and good relations for decades and everbody knows well Becali's immoral strategies.. It may even puts him in trouble worst than bribing scandals since this time, he really crossed the red line, he will face international pressure and he might be punished by international football authorities which probably hate him for his really dirty past in international football manager career.

Concerning the game, Romanian teams are always good zone defending and counter attack teams on international tournaments. They know their limited strength and they play with a very disciplined and collectif game plan to overcome their weaknesses. We know it very well from Lucescu and Hagi times in Galatasaray. We will unfortunately play with Steau under the comandd of an unsufficient technical trainer, Michael Skibbe. I only cont on our wonderfull central defensive line , which will (probably) physically ''destroy'' the Steau's only forward.
NO ADNANS, NO CRY !!
Ali Gursel

Post by Ali Gursel »

Hi Leo and thanks for making the effort to reach across to fans on the other side to discuss the tie.

I remember the tie from 20 years ago, and remember very well Hagi, Dan Petrescu and Lacatus. We were a fringe team in European football back then (and have been headed back in that direction for the last 5-6 years), but maybe sending signs of things to come. All that being said, I also remember a Tanju Colak goal that was disallowed when the first game was either 1-0 or 2-0 in favor of Steaua. The goal was called offside when, at leat we Turks thought, it was clearly not. The games may have been more interesting had the goal been allowed.

Still, it looked like the better team advanced, and watching the final I was kind of happy that it was not Galatasaray taking the beating from AC Milan there. That AC Milan team (with their three Dutchmen) was one of the most dominating I watched in a European cup performance, they humiliated Real in the semifinal tie (one of the games became either 3-0 or 4-0 pretty quickly and Milan played the rest by passing the ball around not letting Real have much to do with the ball, it is rare to see quality teams being thrashed that badly) and then dominated Steaua in the final.

In any event, your analysis is pretty sound. The encouraging fact for us is the Euro 2008 performance, we were not that far from the final and that was largely due to the tenacity and persistence of our squad, which as you know had a good number of players from Galatasaray (not an unusual situation, by the way). But how well that may translate into peak performance by GS against Steaua is another question. I am not hopeful personally, mainly because our foreign player squad is ravaged by injuries (Linderoth, Lincoln, Kewell), we have a new manager and your league has already started, while the game in Istanbul will be our first competitive game of the season.

Also, while I have not been following Steaua, I was able to watch your players on the national team and they are pretty impressive. I think the group draw and results must have been disappointing for you but I do not think the tournament reflected the real quality of your team. I remember the friendly between our two countries before the tournament where your team calmly took the first hour of Turkish pressure without really conceding many significant chances and then scored two goals and missed a load of opportunities to win 2-0. It was clinical and we looked bad and your players looked pretty darn good.

I expect/worry that this tie may present a similar scenario, at least in the first game. I will be hopeful for GS if the first game does not practically finish the tie, because we will then have our hopes for having a complete and healthy squad in the second game and then all bets will be off.

No matter what happens on the pitch, I like the tie for two reasons: it is an opportunity for two top European representatives of Romanian and Turkish football to play each other (and nothing Becali says can change that). While the third elimination round for the Champions League does not quite sound like European Champions' Cup Semifinal, this is a repeat of an exciting tie from 20 years ago. Secondly, I hope the tie will also become the celebration of the career of a great great player who had a role in the brightest moments of both clubs. I really hope both clubs take this opportunity to honor the Great Hagi in these games. Frankly, to me this is way more important than who advances to the CL and he really deserves it.

Ali
Mehmet Gorgen
Staff Member

Post by Mehmet Gorgen »

Steau bu hafta (2.hafta) evinde Braşov'u son dakika golüyle yendi.

En etkili adamları forvetteki Dario Moreno. Hızlı, kolay adam geçebiliyor ve teknik birisi ve çok genç. Steau'da orta sahanın sağında oynayan Nicolita milli takımda defansif orta saha olarak çok dikkatimi çekmişti. Euro 2008'in maç başına ençok koşan oyuncularından biriydi.Bu adamı niye yedek oturtmuş anlayamadım. Bir de İnter'e gidecek Radoi'leri var o da oynatılmamış.

Maçın golleri:
1-0
http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=3909

2-1
http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=3912

1-1
http://www.gsptv.ro/viewVideo1.php?video_id=3911

Steau'nun yediği gol uzaktan sert şutla olmuş.
Ali Gursel

Post by Ali Gursel »

Mehmet Gorgen wrote:En etkili adamları forvetteki Dario Moreno.
Bu da iyi, bu da yasi yetenler icin (ebeveynleri ile konusarak yani) bizim bildigimiz Dario Moreno, Wikipedia'dan:

Darío Moreno (April 3, 1921 – December 1, 1968) was a Turkish polyglot singer of Jewish origin, as well as an accomplished composer, lyricist and guitarist, who was born in İzmir, Turkey, in 1921, and who attained fame and made a remarkable career centered in France which also included films, during the fifties and the sixties.

His real name was David Arugete and he was born in the poorer Jewish quarter of İzmir to a large family. He was orphaned in early childhood when his father, who worked in a train station in the city, was shot dead under tragic circumstances. He was placed in the Sephardic orphanage of İzmir (Nino De Guerfanos) by his mother and remained there until he was four.

After a primary education in the Jewish educational establishments of İzmir, he did many odd jobs during his early youth. But he has also put great effort into improving his education at the same time while working for the bread, and having started as an errand boy in the cabinet of one of the city's prominent lawyers, he was in time raised to becoming a clerk in his office. In the evenings, he would study French in İzmir's Central Library. With a guitar that had fallen into his hands by chance, he also learned, mainly on his own with occasional tutoring asked here and there, to master playing that instrument.

He started singing in the Bar Mitzva feasts as a secondary occupation. In his early twenties, he had already become a well-known singer in İzmir, and particularly among the Jewish community. During his military service in the Turkish Army, he was employed as a singer in officers' quarters in various garrisons and became more focused on music. His first truly professional musical performance started in his hometown right after his discharge, through connections established while under the arms. Since he had started making money thanks to music, he moved to the more well-off Jewish quarter of Karataş to a house in a street leading to the historical building of Asansör, one of the city's landmarks (and which means, literally, the "Elevator", people taking an actual elevator to go to the higher part of the quarter, this part being separated by the coastal strait with a steep slope). This street is named Dario Moreno Sokağı (Dario Moreno Street) today in his memory.

A hyper-active personality, Darío Moreno died of a heart attack in a taxi while going to the airport in İstanbul on 1 December 1968. He was only 47. He was buried in Holon, Israel, by his mother Madam Roza.[1]
Cengiz Akgun

Post by Cengiz Akgun »

Ali Gursel wrote:
Mehmet Gorgen wrote:En etkili adamları forvetteki Dario Moreno.
Bu da iyi, bu da yasi yetenler icin (ebeveynleri ile konusarak yani) bizim bildigimiz Dario Moreno, Wikipedia'dan:
Deniz ve mehtap sordular seni neredesin?

Nasil derim terketti birakip beni gitti

Anladilar ki askimiz bitti..

Alay ettiler benle hep

Sen oldun bunlara bak sebep

Mehtap dedi gordum ah onu

Belinde erkek kolu

Deniz guldu halime

Bir avuc su verdi elime

Biterse gozyasin al dedi

Doldur tekrar yerine...

Ruzgar ve marti sordular seni neredesin?

Nasil derim terketti birakip beni gitti

Anladilar ki askimiz bitti

Alay ettiler benle hep

Sen oldun bunlara bak sebep

Marti dedi gordum ah onu

Belinde erkek kolu

Ruzgar guldu halime

Dedi gidelim dus onume

Gidemem dinle martilari

Bitmiyor alaylari...

Bir yarismada birinci gelmis gondere cekilen Israel bayragini indirtip yerine Turk bayragini cektirdigi rivayet edilir.
Cengiz Akgun

"Asrın, yeni bir umdesi var, hak kapanındır
Söz haykıranın, mantık ise şarlatanındır.
Geçmez ele bir paye kavuk sallamayınca
Kürsi-i liyakat pezevenk, puşt olanındır.”
N. Tevfik 1940.
Cengiz Akgun

Post by Cengiz Akgun »

Brasov calistiran Lucescu'nun oglu calistiriyor.
Cengiz Akgun

"Asrın, yeni bir umdesi var, hak kapanındır
Söz haykıranın, mantık ise şarlatanındır.
Geçmez ele bir paye kavuk sallamayınca
Kürsi-i liyakat pezevenk, puşt olanındır.”
N. Tevfik 1940.
Murat Kara

Post by Murat Kara »

Ozan Ersoy wrote:I personally believe FIFA/UEFA needs to step in and somehow penalize Steaua Buceresti and its president. Otherwise, their efforts of using football as a unifying factor amongst all races, nations and creeds will fall short and once again their hypocrisy will be revealed.
Excellent. Especially the bit to do with the 'hypocrisy'. I'll take this one step further to its natural conclusion.

First of all Becali must be swiftly punished but not the Steaua supporters. You will find an overwhelming majority of them to oppose this. You will also find there will be a few provocateurs who will try to ‘prove’ the opposite.

These kinds of reactionary outbursts cannot be seen as the work of an individual ‘tyrant’. These are carefully calculated steps and those so-called 'tyrants' are carefully promoted calculators. It is a social phenomenon, available for use, at times of social crisis. Unchecked and unopposed, invariably leads to fascistic tendencies and organizations.

Football is now a very effective channel to reach the masses. Especially the oppressed! This will leave it vulnerable to such reactionary, divisive tendencies unless it is swiftly opposed.

But how to oppose this? Rely on UEFA/FIFA to respond? Rely on educating the game-goers? Rely on governments to regulate? Rely on the system itself to 'work it out'?

When a person is losing his job, falling into an abyss with life-time savings worth of debt; when his lifetime’s achievements are trampled upon with a flick of a stock ticker; when he is looking to understand 'what the hell is happening' to him; at such times, when somebody points his finger to an immigrant, to an opponent (no matter how mild it might be, such as a soccer opponent), to a gay, to a 'Muslim', to a Christian, to anyone vulnerable; to a homeless, a disabled, an unemployed, when the finger is there and there are no clear understanding of 'what the hell is happening', the finger functions as a trigger for an explosion. No amount of 'regulation' can be sufficient to stop it. On the contrary, the finger owners organize themselves way before and already infiltrates the governing institutions. In most cases, regulations meet opposition even before they were born.

This is a phase and Becali and other recent racial outbursts must be seen as a symptom. People like Berlusconi epitomize this. Unopposed, it will explode in the wrong direction and ordinary people will pay the price.

The only opposition can come from ordinary people! But this opposition, by definition, brings the ordinary people face to face with ‘the powerful’, the governing institutions, the state, the police, and the army! What do you do? Punish Becali! How? Especially if ‘he’ is so useful to some! Can anyone think that Becali, a businessman with tons of experience, is so stupid that he is risking alienating the forces his entire fortune is based on! On the contrary, he is sending a message to the forces for his future fortunes, his future allies. Everybody in those circles is occupied with it. For example, Berlusconi is now enjoying great ‘respect’ from those circles. For them, it is time to ‘get in’ and get over with it.

There is opposition from below, but to them, it is not organized enough to challenge their agenda. All representatives of this opposition are corrupt. 'Left', right and center! They do not tell people the breadth and depth of the crisis. They do not expose anything! They lull them into thinking that this is ‘one of those things’ and the system always ‘figures it out’. This gives people like Becali, Berlusconi confidence that somebody is watching their back. And they are right!

So what to do? How to oppose this? It is deeper than it looks.

UEFA may end up punishing Becali! The depth of this punishment will reveal how far those forces penetrated into the UEFA and the FIFA. But the Becalis won't go away and the next time the punishment will be less and less and less...
Mehmet Gurdal Cetin

Post by Mehmet Gurdal Cetin »

Skibbe: Oyuncuya ihtiyacımız var
Galatasaray Teknik Direktörü Michael Skibbe, hazırlık maçlarında takımdaki eksikleri gördüklerini ve bazı bölgelere oyuncu takviyesine ihtiyaç duyduklarını söyledi. Steaua Bükreş ile oynayacakları maçlara henüz hazır olmadıklarını belirten Skibbe, Emre Aşık ve Mehmet Topal'ın performanslarından da övgüyle söz etti.

NTVSPOR ve Ajanslar
Güncelleme: 14:22 TSİ 5 Ağustos 2008 Salı

Galatasaray Teknik Direktörü Michael Skibbe, sarı-kırmızılıların Florya Metin Oktay Tesisleri'nde yaptığı antrenmanın ardından basın mensuplarına açıklamalarda bulundu.

Takımdaki eksiklere rağmen hazırlık döneminde iyi maçlar çıkarttıklarını belirten Alman teknik adam, ''Ancak eksik bölgelerimize gerçekten oyuncu ihtiyacımız olduğunu gördük. Defansta Emre Aşık ve orta sahada Mehmet Topal ise bu dönemde çok iyi işler çıkarttılar. İyi çalıştığımızı düşünüyorum'' dedi.

Galatasaray'ın gol yollarında yaşadığı sıkıntıların sorulması üzerine, antrenmanlarda de özellikle bunun üzerine çalıştıklarını ifade eden Skibbe, ''Lincoln'ün bir kaç gün içinde takıma katılması, bizi gol yollarında rahatlatacaktır. Şu anki çalışmalarımızın önemli bir bölümü de bu yönde'' diye konuştu.

Michael Skibbe, Şampiyonlar Ligi 3. Ön Eleme Turu'nda Steaua Bükreş ile yapacakları maçlara henüz tam olarak hazır olmadıklarını söyleyerek, ''Ama önümüzde 1 hafta vakit var. Gelecek hafta maç gününe kadar hazırlıklarımızı tamamlayacağız. Bir kaç gün içinde eksiklerimizin önemli bir bölümünün katılımıyla, takım olarak daha güçlü olacağız'' ifadelerini kullandı.

Skibbe ayrıca, yeni sezondaki ilk resmi maçlarını Steaua Bükreş'e karşı yapacak olmaları konusunda ise, ''Maç formu tutmak için böyle bir eleme turu mücadelesinden önce bir kaç lig maçı oynayabilseydik belki daha iyi olurdu, ama yine de çalışmalarımızın karşılığını alacağımızı düşünüyorum'' dedi.

MARMARA BIRLIK
TRUST GALATASARAY
MGC